On Wednesday, February 26, in Kyiv, in front of the embassy of the Russian Federation, the international movement #LIBERATECRIMEA, Capitulation Resistance Movement, the Crimean Tatar Resource Center and the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people held a rally “6 years of the occupation of Crimea – 6 demands to the aggressor”, dedicated to the Day of Crimean Resistance. The international campaign “No Normandy without Crimea”, dedicated to the sixth anniversary of the occupation of Crimea consists of three stages: 1) 6 demands to the aggressor – the Russian Federation in February, started with this event 2) 6 requirements to the authorities of Ukraine in mid-March; 3) 6 requirements to the international community at the end of March.
The event began with the performance of the anthem of Ukraine and the anthem of the Crimean Tatar people.
At the rally “6 years of the occupation of Crimea – 6 demands to the aggressor”, dedicated to the Day of Crimean resistance, the following 6 demands were put forward, which correspond to the provisions of international resolutions on Crimea in strict sequence:
1. Release 93 Crimean political prisoners.
2. Stop substitution of the population.
3. Stop racial discrimination of the indigenous people of Crimea – Crimean Tatars and ethnic Ukrainians.
4. Lift the ban of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people.
5. Stop the militarization of Crimea and withdraw troops.
6. “Get out of the Crimea.”