The “Minister” of Crimean Labor and Social Protection, Elena Romanovskaya, said that additional funds would be allocated for the “anti-terrorist” protection of educational institutions in light of the recent detention of two teenagers who were allegedly preparing a terrorist act. This was reported by the Russian state news agency TASS.
"Additional funds will be allocated from the Crimean budget for the anti-terrorist protection of educational institutions. Today, the requested amount is 229 million rubles for the current year. This request will definitely be granted. We will double this amount as a more thorough approach should be taken with regard to the educational institution," said Romanovskaya.
The funds are aimed to cover video cameras, turnstiles, fences, and electronic passes. The process of selecting candidates in security structures will be more thorough as well: security guards will be required to be physically fit, as well as meet the age limit, match the guard typical profile, and be able to quickly respond to stressful situations.
Previously, FSB prevented the alleged preparation of terrorist acts in two educational institutions by minor residents of Kerch. Makeshift explosive devices with striking elements were seized at the detainees' residential addresses. On February 20, Kyiv district "court" of Simferopol arrested two teenagers. They will remain in jail until April 18, 2020.