The head of the Board of the Crimean Tatar Resource Center, the head of the Department of Legal and Foreign Affairs of Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people, Eskender Bariiev, in an interview with the Kyiv TV channel, said that the occupiers are conducting covert mobilization in Crimea, but later they will move on to open mobilization.
Eskender Bariiev stressed that now the occupiers are carrying out covert mobilization, going from house to house, talking to young people, and inviting them to sign contracts. However, on July 5, the so-called Head of the occupied Crimea, Sergei Aksenov, signed a decree On draft commissions for the mobilization of citizens in the Republic of Crimea, which provides for the creation of draft commissions in municipalities, and also determines their functions in peacetime and in case of mobilization.
“The so-called military commissar of the so-called Republic of Crimea, Yurii Lymar, is trying to calm the population and said that the document has nothing to do with the conduct of a special military operation in Ukraine. However, of course, they should not be trusted. Most likely, with the help of these commissions, they will more actively collect information about people and subsequently move on to open mobilization”,- he stressed.
The Head of the Board of the CTRC noted that one of the main problems is the forced conscription of young Crimeans into the ranks of the armed forces of the Russian Federation. Unfortunately, the occupiers are actively carrying out preventive work with young men and handing them subpoenas.
“So far, it is known that Crimeans leave the peninsula with their whole families. To Turkey, Canada and other countries to protect themselves from being drafted. We also call on the Crimeans who received the summons to refuse to participate in the war against Ukraine. It is better to serve a year or two in places of captivity than to die on the battlefield. And, of course, there is an option to surrender to the Armed Forces of Ukraine”,- Bariiev explained.