Activists of the international movement for the liberation of Crimea and solidarity with the Crimean Tatar people #LIBERATECRIMEA present a video with important and acute questions on the topic of Crimea to candidates for president of Ukraine in the framework of the campaign “Candidate, tell: who does Crimea belong to?”. Questions relate to the topic of the de-occupation of Crimea, an action plan to protect human rights in the occupied Crimea, as well as the implementation of the collective rights of the Crimean Tatar people in Ukraine.
The questions are divided into three blocks: the de-occupation of Crimea, the protection of human rights in the occupied Crimea, and the realization of the collective rights of the Crimean Tatars as an indigenous people of Ukraine.
І. Deoccupation of Crimea
1. What are the first five practical steps that you will take on the Crimean issue after the inauguration.
2. Will you initiate a law on collaboration / forgiveness?
3. Will you initiate the adoption of the law on the abolition of the free economic zone “Crimea”?
4. Will the contracts with the Russian Federation on joint use of the Sea of Azov be valid with your cadence?
II. Protection of human rights in Crimea
1. Will you initiate a law on political prisoners?
2. What additional state support are you ready to offer internally displaced persons?
3. Will you initiate the ratification of the Rome Statute by Ukraine?
4. How do you see the way to counter Russian repression in Crimea?
ІІІ. Realization of the collective rights of the Crimean Tatars as the indigenous people of Ukraine
1. Will you initiate changes to the Section X of the Constitution of Ukraine?
2. Will you support the restoration of the national-territorial autonomy of the Crimean Tatars?
3. Will you initiate the adoption of the law on indigenous peoples of Ukraine?
4. Will you initiate the restoration of historical toponyms in Crimea?
Until April 18, 2019, activists will monitor the candidate’s reaction to the questions posed, and on April 19 at a press conference they will inform citizens of Ukraine how candidates for president of Ukraine responded to the appeal of the international movement #LIBERATECRIMEA.
The international movement #LIBERATECRIMEA reserves the right to hold public events in front of the administration of the President of Ukraine if the candidate to be elected does not answer these questions.